Tuesday, March 29, 2005

Satisfying Our Discontent(?)

Got a comment from Sunbather on the "Love:A Reality Check" post on how people simply stay in relationships basically for the sake of being in a relationship, and wondering where the love is, or the wife who has the marriage but not the romance. And Sunbather's comment was:
I know that our discontent is an evolutionary necessesity, that without it there wouldn't be any progress, but man, sometimes I just want to rest from the search for more. Sometimes I am deeply envious of those who have learned how to settle for less.
But I'm sure this is just a phase
.
First thank you for the comment, and second I sure hope like hell it's just a phase!
Being envious of those who have learned how to settle for less??????????
I'm sure that's the easy solution, but that's where these problems come up. Sure it's great to be in a relationship with someone, but should you really have to wait 5 years before you decide to make a commitment, I should just settle, and be thankful I have someone. The wife who doesn't think it's romantic enough that her husband sit around on the couch in his underwear eating buffalo wings and goes to her, "Here honey, lick the sauce off my fingers!" She should just settle, and thank her lucky stars she's not an old maid.
I don't think our discontent is an evolutionary necessity. Our discontent comes from not being patient, and not realizing or coming to terms with who we are, who we want to be, or be with, what we want to be or do. You don't need Tony Robbins or for that matter Jesus to tell you that you can have whatever you want. Does it take a lot of work. Sure seems like it, because that's where a statement like settling for less comes from, but since you want more (and face it we all do), then expect more, be more, do more and maybe it's not so hard. Didn't JFK say we don't do things because they're easy, and we shouldn't especially when it comes to our ultimate satisfaction.
I envy people who are with people that they absolutely adore, and through the struggles press on. And I'm sad to say I don't see it very often, but when I do, it just inspires me more, that the "more" is more important. Don't settle for less, because your "more" could just be around the corner! Hang in there!
That's all I have for today,
Until Next Time,
PAC

1 comment:

Pikkel Weezel said...

This is exactly why people from Wisconsin shouldn't write blogs. You have cats? Reason number two that you shouldn't have a blog.

Radioaffliction Classics with The Bummin Cousins: Delightfully Weird Streaming!

The Bummin Cousins Peter A. Clay and Jim Reid are back with a wonderful podcast about the things found in Thrift Stores and Flea Markets. Cl...